Updates every Wednesday, and some other days too! And here's some extra text because stupid Blogger forces everything to left-align!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Right Out Of The Gate...

…And onto my face. Observant folks may have noticed that there was no update yesterday to my “daily” blog.
Well, here’s why…

Excuse time!
 
For those who aren’t aware, I am a college student, it’s the end of the semester, and this can only equal strange sleep patterns.
 
I took a creative writing class this semester as one of my remaining electives, over the course of which I wrote two pieces of short fiction. One of them was workshopped by the whole class, and the other was relatively insignificant and ignored. However, both pieces still needed to be in my portfolio which was due yesterday. And of course, being me, I figured “Oh well, it’s just creative writing, and these are my own creative projects. I’ll be able to knock these out in no time because I know exactly what I want to do with them…”
 
Or so I thought. So then it came down to Thursday, and I hadn’t touched either piece because I was too busy stressing over the results of my final exam in my Logic course, and that evening I realized exactly how big this assignment was. So my friend Becky and I had a last-minute write-in where we both wrote the hell out of our stories to get them done before class the next morning at 10. Now, I’ve pulled all-nighters before. In fact, they’re a rather common occurrence for me at this point. However, in my stressed state after taking the final, I fell asleep at around Noon on Tuesday and slept literally all day. Which means my sleep schedule was turned on its head. I woke up at 4 AM on Wednesday, and hadn’t slept at all since. And then proceeded to pull an all-nighter on Thursday.
 
Needless to say, I had reached an entirely new kind of tired. And that’s where I was yesterday. Zombified for half the day, and then crashed out asleep by 5 PM. Woke up at 6 this morning like a normal person. Somehow I think this whole thing worked out for the better, but I’ll have to re-examine the whole situation to find out where and how, exactly.
 
But anyway! On to more blog-posty things and less explainy my mistakey things.
I realized the other day that Tumblr gives me the option to create a second Tumblr page linked to this one, and that it also allows me to post pictures in doing so. I’ve been toying with the idea of using that feature to re-upload my old D&D-themed webcomic, “DM’s Discretion”. I’ll probably wait for the actual break to start so I can have some game time to get inspired and draw more of them, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment